This report outlines five principles to inform measurement that effectively aligns systems’ actions with the needs and priorities of the communities those systems serve, particularly communities that historically have been harmed the most by inequities.
Measurement that aligns systems with communities toward equitable outcomes:
- Requires upfront investment in communities to develop and sustain community partner capacity
- Is co-created by communities to center their values, needs, priorities, and actions
- Creates accountability to communities for addressing root causes of inequities and repairing harm
- Focuses on a holistic and comprehensive view of people and communities that highlights assets and historical context
- Reflects shared values and intentional, long-term efforts to build and sustain trust