This blog examines the differences and similarities across multi-stakeholder partnerships, including how such partnerships are playing an increasingly important role in reimagining and transforming health in their communities.
Authored by Jane Erickson of ReThink Health, the blog discusses the organization’s second biennial Pulse Check report, with responses from more than 230 multi-sector partnerships for health.
Key characteristics of the partnerships that responded to the Pulse Check:
- Partnership formation is on the rise and many are at the beginning of their development
- Partnerships work primarily at the county or multi-county level
- Partnerships approach their work in many different ways
- The sectors involved are numerous and varied
- Partnerships get their authority to lead from numerous sources
- Infrastructure and financing are often the greatest challenges